- To create and develop a transnational clinical research network in the field of chronic diseases.
- To develop regional education capacities and to train a body of proactive health professionals highly skilled and competitive in the management of chronic diseases in the cross-border region Romania-Moldova-Ukraine.
- To develop the capacity of primary, community and clinical care health
professionals to implement research and development projects in chronic health care.
- To implement a quality management system integrated with European standards for the research and practice in chronic diseases.
Target groups for CHRONEX-RD:
- Researchers (including PhD students/ postdoctoral) in medical sciences and public health (30)
- Health care professionals in the field of chronic diseases (300).
- Family doctors to constitute the research network of primary and community care (60)
Final beneficiaries of the project:
- Chronically-ill patients in the care of health care professionals in the target groups
- Health technology and pharmaceutical businesses
- Public health practitioners and policy makers in the region
- Health managers (as end users of the quality management system)
Concrete results of the project
- The East European Network of Excellence for Research and Development in Chronic Diseases (CHRONEX-RD)
- Quality management system of research and practice of primary and community care
- Trained medical personnel to participate in research and development projects in the field of chronic diseases.